Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issues with the code not working properly - PIC16F877A....

Status
Not open for further replies.

si2030

Hi All

I have included a cut down version of the program I am working on... it will be a function generator. In this project zipped and attached I have included code that holds only the functionality for a menu. The way I envisaged this was that the LCD would scroll through a list (in this case only three options) and if the user pressed the "#" while an option was on the screen then it jumps out and performs an LCD display for that option and then ends up in an endless loop. The option that has been set up for this is called "NEW START UP FREQUENCY". So by pressing the "3" button while that option displays it should jump out... however...

It never jumps out when you press the "#" button. It stays in the loop. It uses an interrupt routine that works normally and when you press the button it only hesitates for a moment.

So something happens in the routine "MENU" and/or "MENU_INTERRUPT".

I have stripped this down fairly rapidly but it still compiles and works on the board so no bugs... hopefully. The interrupts are set in PIC_INIT.

I am hoping someone might have a look and find something obvious...

Thanks

Simon
View attachment FUNCTION_GEN_MAIN_PROGRAM 1-1.zip

hi Simon,
If you insist on starting a new thread for each problem you are having with the same program, people are going to get confused and not bother helping.

To date its a rough count of 16 threads for the same program

Sorry Eric, Other forums I have used did not require using the same thread with regard to new issues with no requirement based on whether its the same program or not... so I followed that lead here. I was mistakenly under the impression that each issue was separate and required a new thread... so in future I will stick to a single thread for the same program.

Kind Regards

Simon

Hi Eric and others,

I have now fixed this. With regard to using posts for new issues I shall, next time, work with just one thread relating to this project prefacing the thread with all the details and code to key everybody in...

Thanks Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back