Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with USB PIC Programmer/Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappuNeelam

Hi All;
As I`m novice to PIC environment, I found something unusual with my PIC Burner. I have written a LED GLOW program for PIC16F876A, in assembly & I have the option to put configuration word in my programmer software itself. Before burning my .HEX file (MPLAB Compiler), I have put 3D39 or 3939 (Configuration Word). I`m using IBM ThinkPad laptop.

After burning in Flash RAM, at the verification time, its showing the message "Mismatch at location 0x00000000; Chip has the value oxoo; but it should be 0x83".

Shall I have to set the bit7 of Configuration Word (LVP mode on) ? or any other hardware issue.
Attaching the .pdf file, for your kind perusal.
Please help me !!

PappuNeelam

Attachments

• led_glow.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 214
Hi,

A few things might help -

When posting code, enclose it in the Code Tag # from the toolbar above, its easier to cut and paste.

Try this value for the config if you are using something like a 4 meg xtal
__config H'3931'

When using port A for a digital function you must first turn off the default Analogue mode. See the datasheet - PortA section.

Edit - No , you do not want the LVP mode ON - which model of programmer are you using

Last edited:
Does the PIC work once programmed?

The reason you are getting this error is because the software isn't reading anything back from the PIC when trying to verify. That's why the location is 0, and the data is 0.

If your PIC doesn't work once programmed, then check the connection between your PC and burner, check your port settings, etc.

If you are using ICprog, you can test your hardware in the menu.

edit: lol I didn't see usb in the title till now.

Last edited:
Hi,
I bought the USB PIC Programmer from India. Here is the link to the Programmer , But, I'm sure, its not of JMD type.....

**broken link removed**

PappuNeelam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back