Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with Quck Logic FPGA High impedance input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan169

Ive got an issue here with a project im playing with and im stumped.

So Im using a Quick Logic single burn FPGA to create some signals to run a circuit i designed.

The chip that i am burning my digi design to is a QL3004

After burning the chip i place it in the socket that is mounted to the PCB of my circuit. I have a power on reset circuit (simple RC) providing a logic high then going down to low to clear all of the "devices" on the chip. The capacitor in the simple RC circuit has 3.5VDC on one side and shows 3.3VDC on the other. it should be essentially 0v. The fact that the pad that I have called "reset" is showing a voltage means its drawing current somehow. It should be a high impedance pad and not draw any current. Or at least im under this impression. If the resets are all being held high then all components will be held in the reset condition. This obviously will not work.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Or troubleshooting ideas. I dont know what to do. I thought maybe the chip was burned improperly so i burned another...same problem. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the burning socket though. Ive used it on other projects since and those chips are fine.

Thanks for any ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back