Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isolation circuit between 1000V AC (having information signal) and signal detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraz.kharal

Hi guys,

I have a setup in which 1000v 50Hz sinusoidal waveform have information signal of 1kHz riding on the 50Hz sinewave. voltage level of this 1KHz signal is 8volts AC.

At this moment I am in simulation phase of project so no hazard of High Voltage (HV).

The scenerio is that HV is going to be transfered from secondary winding of a step up transformer to the 3-phase motor and a 1kHz signal is being inserted at y-point of 3phase motor. This signal need to be detected on a phase line near secondary winding of the transformer. or at the y-point of the secondary of transformer.

Mean to say I directly need to tap 1KV from the phase line and to detect the signal from this line I need to design a detection circuit.

Now I need your help to design an isolation circuit which can protect signal detection circuit to 1kv line. and this isolator should have a kind of voltage divider circuit who can reduce the 1kv 50 Hz signal to 10VAC mean 100 times lower, but the amplitude of information signal (8vAC 1kHz) should remained significant.

Waiting for your valueable suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back