Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isd voice chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

is anyone familur with the isd voicechips?? I am using the isd1110. i recorded the chip on a board that i bought and the chip sounds real good. but when i put it on the playback board i made it doesn't act right. i made the board to continuosly loop the sound. i am holding pin 23(which should play when held low) low. and it play throut the speaker output but not the analog out. and it stops when it hits the end of message marker. i have pins 3,9, and 10 held high which acording to the data sheet should put it into a special looping mode. am i overlooking something?

here is the schematic. i had to draw it up in multisim

isd2.jpg

Last edited:
ok, what i am gathering from the aplication notes is that the analoge out is the output from the microphone preamp and is meant to be fed back into the analoge in for recording. why would they want to do this? an effects loop? : ) . so you must have to take the output from pins 14 and 15. i get good out from these pins. but i still have a looping problem. in the note it says that mabey i recorded past the end of the memory. let me go out to my lab and record a shorter recording and see what happens. i will post my results

Thanks Gayan, i had pin three high instead of four. i guess because it is called A3 i got it confused. that did the trick. it works now. an extra set of eyes helps out sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back