Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isa Components for Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking for a blank ISA PCB template, you would only need it for ExpressPCB -- there is nothing needed for ExpressSchematic, as the schematics are not "bound" by the physical PCB dimensions.

As to the ISA form factor card -- do you need it for an 8-bit card or for a 16-bit card?

I need a 8-bit

I am going to try to build a C't Flasher, for reprograming BIOS in a older PC.

Thanks
Kent

OK -- **broken link removed** should help you out. It is a .ZIP file that contains the .PCB file for a short length x standard height 8-bit ISA card, and a .PDF file that has dimensioning and pinout info. The pinout info is all that you really need for ExpressSchematic...

Information regarding computer interfaces and their specifications is readily available from any number of sources.

One good online sorce is TechNick.net. I really don't like the fact that you are blasted with ads when you visit the site (I don't use pop-up blockers, as they can also block or limit access to desired info), but it's worth wading through it all to get to the host of information to be found there. Drill down to Pinouts > Connectors > Buses for all sorts of details regarding expansion buses. At least the ads help to keep the site up and free of charge. :)

An excellent print-format resource is The Winn L. Rosch Hardware Bible by Winn L. Rosch. Any edition is useful, but as is to be expected, the most recent will also have more info on later-evolution hardware and interfaces. There is a website to accompany the book, but unfortunately, much of the content is non-functional and is apparently not being updated.

It really goes without saying that the Internet offers a wealth of information to anyone with access and the ability to structure a meaningful search... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back