Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this where I can find help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisco

I want to build a small transmitter to transmit to another device that will light up and beep. I have no idea how to do this and am new to electronics in general. Don't need much range just a transmitter and reciever I guess. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

Chrisco

chrisco said:
I want to build a small transmitter to transmit to another device that will light up and beep. I have no idea how to do this and am new to electronics in general. Don't need much range just a transmitter and reciever I guess. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

You can do it either via radio, or via IR, depending on your range requirements (and what you are wanting to do).

For radio, you can buy licence free modules quite cheaply, and Holtek sell encoder and decoder IC's, or you can make your own from PIC's or similar.

Thanks,
Can you tell me where I could find info on how to do this or how to design it. I really have no idea what I'm doing!

Chris

Maybe a kit is what you need:
**broken link removed**
They're available in several different types rf/ir and several different channel capacities. the circuit board is already marked up with what goes where..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back