Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

Is it possible to use a variable voltage signal from 0-5vdc to produce a linear output of 12-0vdc? for example 0vdc in would be 12vdc out; 2.5vdc in would be 6vdc out and 5vdc would be 0vdc out?

question. These seem to be tied more to audio applications rather than power ones. After reading a little about the basics it seems that they amplify an incoming signal to produce a larger output. How would this work in my project if I input 0vdc and want to get 12vdc out? Can you tell me which type of opamp I should be looking for or give me a part number so I can get a data sheet and figure it out that way? THANKS AGAIN

strokedmaro said:
question. These seem to be tied more to audio applications rather than power ones.

You never mentioned power, perhaps you might try giving us the requirements all at once, rather than a piece at a time?.

An inverting amplifier with a gain of 12V/5V I think is the op-amp circuit. If it was a non-inverting amplifier you would get 0Vout for 0Vin and 12Vout for 5V in. The op-amp you need depends on the frequency response you want as well as the power and a bunch of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back