Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

Is it possible to use a variable voltage signal from 0-5vdc to produce a linear output of 12-0vdc? for example 0vdc in would be 12vdc out; 2.5vdc in would be 6vdc out and 5vdc would be 0vdc out?

question. These seem to be tied more to audio applications rather than power ones. After reading a little about the basics it seems that they amplify an incoming signal to produce a larger output. How would this work in my project if I input 0vdc and want to get 12vdc out? Can you tell me which type of opamp I should be looking for or give me a part number so I can get a data sheet and figure it out that way? THANKS AGAIN

strokedmaro said:
question. These seem to be tied more to audio applications rather than power ones.

You never mentioned power, perhaps you might try giving us the requirements all at once, rather than a piece at a time?.

An inverting amplifier with a gain of 12V/5V I think is the op-amp circuit. If it was a non-inverting amplifier you would get 0Vout for 0Vin and 12Vout for 5V in. The op-amp you need depends on the frequency response you want as well as the power and a bunch of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…