Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this Circuit Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transmitter and receiver don't need to be any kind of a coded signal, you can just have an IR LED and an IR NPN photo-transistor. Just connect them to your voltage supply and have the current flowing into them limited appropriately. If you're having problems with your photo-transistors picking up a lot of stray IR from sunlight and what not, color your receiver red, and put it into a tube (a paper one is good enough, as long as it's black inside) and make the tube about 1" long.

The transmitter and receiver don't need to be any kind of a coded signal, you can just have an IR LED and an IR NPN photo-transistor. Just connect them to your voltage supply and have the current flowing into them limited appropriately. If you're having problems with your photo-transistors picking up a lot of stray IR from sunlight and what not, color your receiver red, and put it into a tube (a paper one is good enough, as long as it's black inside) and make the tube about 1" long.

OK,
but when i use IR LED and Phototransistor, there is a probability of receiver receiving IR RAYS from other IR LED(different) .
I'm using 3 IR LED's and 3 RECEIVERS, wont there be any problem?

But that is not the case now.
Microcontrollers are the first thing you look at when designing a circuit.
Even the $2.00 whistle keyfinder is designed around a micro and the $3.00 cell phone charger that uses a single cell to produce 5v is a 3 pin microcontroller!
Any school that doesn't teach micro's is not worth attending.

I Understand, i'll try doing it!!!
I'm determined in finishing the project,
that too last day for project submission is nearing.

OK,
but when i use IR LED and Phototransistor, there is a probability of receiver receiving IR RAYS from other IR LED(different) .
I'm using 3 IR LED's and 3 RECEIVERS, wont there be any problem?

No if you do the same thing to the IR LED's that you do/did to the IR phototransistor, it's esentialy like a low powered laser of sorts, there is no interference at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back