Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this Cicuits Works ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboZakaria

hi all
I have seen this Cicuits(A 30 A Power Supply) and i wonder if its realy works and if its works can we replace the transistors(witch only pass current) with only a thick wire
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

A relay will shrot circuit the Regulator IC.
Imagine 29.5 amps passing thro' a resistor( assuming the contact works like a resistor) across the 7805. if the contact resistance is taken as 0.1 ohm, there is a 3V drop across it. and burns around 90watts (29.5*29.5*0.1) at the contact point itself and the contact gives you a beautiful fireball.

The TIP2055 power transistors continuously adjust their conduction as controlled by the voltage regulator so that the output voltage remains at 12V when the load current changes.

The voltage regulator cannot control the amount of conduction of a piece of wire.

Many power transistors are used to share the current and to share the heat.

I have tried this circuit but failed a couple of times at 12 amp as regulator gives up then i use a diode and 800mA fuse in series insted of 1 amp fuse ,and successfully get 18 amp.

It is a stupid circuit:
1) Its transformer's voltage is way too high.
2) The regulator has hardly any current (it won't give up unless it doesn't have a heatsink then it shuts down when it gets too hot).

At 5A each, the power transistors will have a base-emitter voltage of about 1.3V and the 0.1 ohm emitter resistors will have about 0.5V. Then the 100 ohm resistor and the regulator will have a current of about 18mA.

that circuit is failure,try to change conect basis of transistor to the output of 7812 and add capasitor to ground,the collector of transistor conect to input of 7812 and then emitor as output the psu with adding a capasitor,try with 6 or more npn 2N 3055 transistor paralel to make high current,that will work,

As the OP showed in his schematic is a mains input WHAT DOES THIS HAVE WITH ALTERNATE ENERGY.

THIS BELONGS IN THE TRASH

sworry for shouting but my point remains

I really need someone to help me with a solar charge regulator for 12v and 24v, i'm about making a mark in my school.

I really need someone to help me with a solar charge regulator for 12v and 24v, i'm about making a mark in my school.

have a look at this one here it works i did made a few years ago

your on school so you have all the books with knoweledge to adapt this circuit to 24 volt

sucsess
Robert-Jan

if anny problems, first look in your book than ask the question

Attachments

• solar (dis)charge control.pdf
    220.4 KB · Views: 450
It is a stupid circuit:
1) Its transformer's voltage is way too high.
2) The regulator has hardly any current (it won't give up unless it doesn't have a heatsink then it shuts down when it gets too hot).

At 5A each, the power transistors will have a base-emitter voltage of about 1.3V and the 0.1 ohm emitter resistors will have about 0.5V. Then the 100 ohm resistor and the regulator will have a current of about 18mA.

not to mention with bi-polar transistors in parallel you are going to get thermal runaway in one of them (the one with the least resistance) and it will take all the current from the rest of them and it will fry... replace the bi-polar transistors with high power FET's... hexfets.. FET's are not prone to thermal runaway.

not to mention with bi-polar transistors in parallel you are going to get thermal runaway in one of them (the one with the least resistance) and it will take all the current from the rest of them and it will fry... replace the bi-polar transistors with high power FET's... hexfets.. FET's are not prone to thermal runaway.

You need to study a little more electronics, the emitter resistors prevent thermal runaway and provide accurate power sharing between all the devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back