Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a decent scope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems okay for 40 bucks up until I saw that it's 30 dollars for shipping, find a different supplier, there are units like this available in the states for less shipping.

For hobby work, I'd suggest going with an old (but still functional) analog scope, I picked one up for 30 dollars (including shipping) for a 500khz tube scope that was quiet nice for audio and basic electrical testing. Bargain hunt for those older analog scopes they'll have better overall features and capabilities and be a little more useful.

Last edited:
Even if the hardware is alright, often the software of cheap no-name devices will let you down. I notice the one mentioned is showing "PAUSHED"... perhaps the rest of the software had more attention given to it.

Someone I know has a similar handheld scope to the one you've shown; it suffers terribly from aliasing, as the scope doesn't sample at its maximum sample rate for all timescales. It's pretty-much useless for everything we tried it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back