Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is therea possibility to use a transistor instead of triac ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrose

its aCD4541 timer used to drive a 3.5W to 7W device of 230V

in order to cut the production cost i want the triac to be directly connected to the out put from the IC .not using optoisolater.

since the cost of the triac is more .is there away to use a transistor .any cheap way.also what about SCR.

WISH U ALL GOOD SOULS OF THIS FORUM A WONDERFULL CHRISTMASS.

THANKS FOR UR KIND HELP ALL THESE PAST TWO MONTHS

Both a triac and transistor can be used to turn things on and off however they are quite different. A triac can control the flow of AC current - a single transistor cannot based on my limited understanding. You would have to redesign that portion of the circuit to use multiple transistors.

Re: is therea possibility to use a transistor instead of tri

ambrose said:
its aCD4541 timer used to drive a 3.5W to 7W device of 230V

in order to cut the production cost i want the triac to be directly connected to the out put from the IC .not using optoisolater.

since the cost of the triac is more .is there away to use a transistor .any cheap way.also what about SCR.

WISH U ALL GOOD SOULS OF THIS FORUM A WONDERFULL CHRISTMASS.

THANKS FOR UR KIND HELP ALL THESE PAST TWO MONTHS

A Transistor can only be used to turn on DC. Use a triac for AC

what is the part# and cost of the triac you were planing to use?
although it might be possible to redesign circuit for different type
of output, I'm not sure that would create any saving. in fact i believe
it will be only more expencive.

thanks all

i used a BT134 TRIAC 400V AND 4 AMP.DIRECTLY connecting to the out put of the cmos, its working .

what i saw in data sheet of the triac 2N6073 series that it can be directly connected to the cmos.is it so.

also i am confused in selecting the right value.between 2N6071(200V,4AMP) AND 2N6073(400v,4amp) which one to choose.

for a load of my specification what is the min requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back