Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there something wrong with this Precision half-wave Rectifier circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchzym

I want to design a Non-inverting Precision half-wave Rectifier. This is my design.And I simulate with it but the result is wrong. **broken link removed**

Last edited:

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 184
I want to design a Non-inverting Precision half-wave Rectifier. This is my design.And I simulate with it but the result is wrong.
So how wrong is it?;)

Try grounding R9b and using R8b as the input.

With the circuit as provided by the OP the simulation goes wrong.

With the signal connected to R8B the output is inverted.

The output level remains stable over a wide range of input voltage.

See the attachment.

Boncuk

Attachments

• HALF-WAVE-RECT.gif
    HALF-WAVE-RECT.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 157
  • HW-SCOPE.gif
    HW-SCOPE.gif
    64.4 KB · Views: 153
With the circuit as provided by the OP the simulation goes wrong.

I would argue that the simulation was right. It was the circuit that was wrong.:D

I would argue that the simulation was right. It was the circuit that was wrong.:D

Hi Carl,

I guess it's a matter of the point of view. :)

Is the glass halfway empty or is it halfway full? :eek:

Regards

Boncuk

Boncuk, your feedback is wrong.

Attachments

• wrong rectifier circuit.PNG
    wrong rectifier circuit.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 143
I want to design a Non-inverting Precision half-wave Rectifier. This is my design.And I simulate with it but the result is wrong. **broken link removed**
It looks like the OP's circuit should work. It would take two minutes to build on a vector board. Here is a half wave rec circuit I use with a peak detector added in the feedback loop, but the basic half wave circuit is the same.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 31 14.45.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 31 14.45.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
It looks like the OP's circuit should work. .............
No. His original circuit will not work as a precision rectifier, as I previously noted. The signal must be go to the inverting input, not the non-inverting input for proper operation.

Edit: If the signal is applied to the non-inverting input, the output will look like a follower for the negative part of the input, so the output will look like an amplified sine-wave for the positive half of the wave, and an unamplified (gain of 1) sine-wave for the negative half of the wave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back