Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there anything similar to a tl084 op amp i can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makou

hello, first post :D
the reason i have come is that i want to make the charge controller mentioned here;
TheBackShed.com - Wind/Solar controller

my problem is that the electronics stores where i live dont carry the tl084 or the lm78L08
needed in the board...

are there similar parts i could use?

LM324 may be the most common op amp. If you can find an 8 volt zener you could replace the regulator with that since you only need about 10 ma. Otherwise tou could probably find an LM317 and add the 2 resistors to make it an 8 volt regulator.

thanks for your help guys, ill try the 8 volt zener and see how it goes :D

hi,
If you can get a 7805 Vreg its easy, using two resistors to change it to +8Vout

EDIT:
Look at this image. The R1 and R2 are the two extra components [ the other components are part of the test circuit].

The regulation at 8V is not as good as it would be for 5V, but will be ok for the circuit it is powering as shown in your posted link.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
The circuit will work fine with a supply that is anywhere from 5V to 9V. Use a 78L05, 7805, 7808, 78L09 or 7809 regulator for it.

Wouldn't it need some work on the dividers and the drive for the output stage at 5 volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back