Is there anyone to make a 3.5mm headphone jack into an input jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I kinda got it working. It's getting the signal now... It's just really quiet. also there's a bit of delay but I'm happy anyway . It sounds good with headphones in. Thanks everyone that helped. It sounds kinda nice without all the highs, I think I'll keep it like this.

Last edited:
Well I've pretty much got it perfect now except for the delay. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm assuming it's just the sound card taking a little bit to process the signal, which I guess means there's nothing I can do about it. Oh and whenever I switch pick ups it makes a weird noise, like it's charging up a laser or something. That's not a big deal but I'd like to get this as perfect as possible so if anyone can help let me know!

I think it is as perfect as possible from a wiring point of view. Maybe the next step is to a computer users forum to see if there are ways to make a sound card work instantly.

well the soundcard is supposed to send sound directly to external speaker via amplifier on sound card unless it is transmitted on a particular software on computer. if i talk on microphone i can hear my voice instantly.
do you have same problem if you use a microphone?

Yeah, I've done some research and apparently it's a problem with windows 7 and onboard sound cards. It's working fine on my xp computer though so I guess I'll just use that. Thanks again to all who helped.

It's a good thing that Micro$oft keeps improving Windows, otherwise your sound would come out without delay.

i think it is more due to cheap on board audio sound card that converts all audio in in digital data, old sounds card were not doing that unless specified by a software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…