Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there anyone to make a 3.5mm headphone jack into an input jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I kinda got it working. It's getting the signal now... It's just really quiet. :) also there's a bit of delay but I'm happy anyway :). It sounds good with headphones in. Thanks everyone that helped. It sounds kinda nice without all the highs, I think I'll keep it like this.

Last edited:
Well I've pretty much got it perfect now except for the delay. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm assuming it's just the sound card taking a little bit to process the signal, which I guess means there's nothing I can do about it. Oh and whenever I switch pick ups it makes a weird noise, like it's charging up a laser or something. That's not a big deal but I'd like to get this as perfect as possible so if anyone can help let me know!

I think it is as perfect as possible from a wiring point of view. Maybe the next step is to a computer users forum to see if there are ways to make a sound card work instantly.

well the soundcard is supposed to send sound directly to external speaker via amplifier on sound card unless it is transmitted on a particular software on computer. if i talk on microphone i can hear my voice instantly.
do you have same problem if you use a microphone?

Yeah, I've done some research and apparently it's a problem with windows 7 and onboard sound cards. It's working fine on my xp computer though so I guess I'll just use that. Thanks again to all who helped.

It's a good thing that Micro$oft keeps improving Windows:rolleyes:, otherwise your sound would come out without delay.

i think it is more due to cheap on board audio sound card that converts all audio in in digital data, old sounds card were not doing that unless specified by a software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back