Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there any1 to give me some optical communication advices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to make something, or do you want to know what applications would use low bit rates over fiber?

hi
im a undergraduate student and i would like to send a low rate data stream through fiber optics..my objectives are,
• Transmitting E1(2.048Mbps) level data streams to the destination via fiber optics
• Replacing the function of ‘E1 to STM-1 Converter’ used in the industry used in small and medium networks
• Replacing 4 wire E1 with one fiber cable for long distance communication
• Have an option to plug in new E1 links and send through same fiber as a requirement of future capacity expansions
• Minimize the complexity of wiring of E1

is this a good project..what should be modified?...is it ok f i built up my own protocol to send data through fiber.is this advantagable?..pls comment on my project......

Oh. Uhh... I think there's already E1 and STM-1 optical systems, but if you are doing something unique it would be worth it... afraid this is a little out of my league.

But - if you want to hook an led up to a 555, I'm all over it! :)

im hoping to build it with minimum cost possible...gona give my best shot..wish me good luck..thankz bro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back