Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is There an Engineering Type: what is your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets weirder my the minute. the flower post went away as if it was an apology. "The desire effect or similar" and GopherT posts a broken chain in response to someone "yanking your chain" The undesired effect was the "Dislikes" which re-affirms not to get involved with "political" posts. You started speaking in Latin. One phrase essentially says that no ill effects will become of the "Dislikes". The other "Action follows Belief"

Oh no what have I started?

Anyway, it was a metaphor I thought was well known, not meant literally!

It gets weirder my the minute. the flower post went away as if it was an apology. "The desire effect or similar" and GopherT posts a broken chain in response to someone "yanking your chain" The undesired effect was the "Dislikes" which re-affirms not to get involved with "political" posts. You started speaking in Latin. One phrase essentially says that no ill effects will become of the "Dislikes". The other "Action follows Belief"
???

1. I didn't care for the dislikes.
2. Something positive came out of my disliked statement. (that's the weird and confusing part: Disliking something that had positive outcome.)
3, I won't loose sleep over it.
4. I hope it doesn't interfere with out interactions, PM or otherwise.

PS: tensions are building at home with my prescription drug provider. They are not following government mandated rules and are consistently referring to apples as oranges leaving every one (me, my doctor's office) totally confused in the process. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they hung up on me.

1. I didn't care for the dislikes.
2. Something positive came out of my disliked statement. (that's the weird and confusing part: Disliking something that had positive outcome.)
3, I won't loose sleep over it.
4. I hope it doesn't interfere with out interactions, PM or otherwise.

PS: tensions are building at home with my prescription drug provider. They are not following government mandated rules and are consistently referring to apples as oranges leaving every one (me, my doctor's office) totally confused in the process. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they hung up on me.

Keep,

You are a friend and I know you have various problems to deal with. That is why all you got from me was a dislike- I hoped you would take the hint first time but as you brought the subject up and are obviously baffled by what is going on I will tell you in as kind of way as possible.

Your statements were presumptuous, patronizing, cheeky, crass, distracting, inaccurate, and a nuisance. Politics were not being discussed at the time, although there had been some extraordinary political claims all through this thread, mainly anti American/West, which you made no comment about. I made my reply in spite of your posts not because of them.

By the way, I have removed the dislikes. :)

spec

Last edited:
See: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

see 5
: a : the total complex of relations between people living in society
b : relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view <office politics> <ethnic politics>

This thread is discussion is about the politics of engineers.

Your post #144 https://www.electro-tech-online.com...is-your-experience.147220/page-8#post-1253357

spec said:
Firstly women are not logical so it is important to interface with them carefully.

Some men are logical but others are not.

So I learned that, before discussing technical/delicate/controversial matters, to consider the personal/political aspects first.

Thank you for removing the dislikes. The bold stuff didn't happen here. Never was good at tactfully saying stuff. Never will be. I never kissed someone's A$$ either because I feel it isn't right. It cost me. My philosophy of "For the good of the department" was shared by one boss. The philosophy of total control (micro-management) of the employee happened to the philosophy of the replacement. Unfortunately, kissing your bosses A$$ has a better outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back