Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there an available & affordable high sink octal latch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill,

I haven't seen any that I consider affordable ... most of my designs end up using a low current latch and then a high current driver (like the 595 + 2803 combo) ... it works out to cost less than half what an integerated latch from Micrel or Allegro costs ... check out micrel.com and search for latched driver - they have all the different combos, serial in parallel out, vice versa or parallel to parallel. parts are in the 58xx series

of course, going with a weak latch and a driver chip means more traces on a the pcb, and if you're making them yourself, 16 more holes to drill for each latch - I suppose in that case, perhaps saving the cash up front isn't really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back