Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to give a two-pronged plug power from a battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpd929

Dear forum folks:

I am someone with only the most basic electronic knowledge. I am working on a project with string lights which need to be portable. For this reason, I am unable to power these lights in the conventional manner (ie extension cord). I am wondering if there is a way to power the string lights, which have a two-pronged plug, through a battery of some kind. Is there an adapter for two-pronged plugs which uses batteries, for instance? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Last edited:
I know they make DC > AC converters. I looked at getting one for a robot I wanted to make one time that involved an indistrial PLC machine self contained inside the robot.

They do make them though, I think they run off of 12V batteries, and some can output well above the average wall outlet.

They are called 'inverters' and very common. There are even portable power pack with a battery built in. What sort of lights, and how many watts do you need to power? Maybe I can help you find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back