Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a source for Data Sheets on transformers - SMPS -

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I use Datasheets.com and Alldatasheet.com quite often for electronic components often, is there such a site for transformers? specifically, transformers used in SMPS like those used in computer power supplies.
Also, is there a place to get schematics of old power supplies if you have the model number?
Thanks
Jeff

You can find datasheets for trans cores as above, however when you put an airgap in the core info for all the changes it makes it often not readily available.
What is it your trying to do, build a flyback trans or a push pull?, I've messed with these things a fair bit.
With a bit of patience you can re-use ferrites from dead equipment, the more important parameters can be measured fairly easily.

Edit: Just occured to me if its a trans in a particular design you need you'll only get that info from the manufact as they will have developed the design, there are very few pre made ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back