Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a new way to look at waveforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwotoole

Hello guys:
In the old days we used oscilloscopes to check out voltage waveforms. Is there a newer/better way to do that? Something a little more portable? Something that can be handheld? I've used HP(Hewlett-Packert) calculators that will display math curves, such as regression curves or statistical curves as long as the x/y values were added. Is it possible to use a hand-held calculator type device to display waveforms? Maybe a calculator can be modified to do so, or maybe there's one that already does? :eek:

Thanks
Patrick

buy a hand-held oscilloscope. or a PC one. calculators are made to calculate, not monitor voltages...

pwotoole said:
Hello guys:
In the old days we used oscilloscopes to check out voltage waveforms. Is there a newer/better way to do that? Something a little more portable? Something that can be handheld? I've used HP(Hewlett-Packert) calculators that will display math curves, such as regression curves or statistical curves as long as the x/y values were added. Is it possible to use a hand-held calculator type device to display waveforms? Maybe a calculator can be modified to do so, or maybe there's one that already does? :eek:

Thanks
Patrick

Tons of portable digital scopes are made.......... a little pricy and I'm happy with my analog tek scope.......

https://www.myflukestore.com/index.php?cPath=86&products_id=1481

pwotoole said:
Hello guys:

Thanks
Patrick

Oh gawd, I shudder at the thought of a calculator displaying waveforms.. NO thanks. I like big fat non-protable O-scopes with large colorful displays and lots of bells & whistles.

I doubt there's an easy way to do that on a graphing calc, but maybe someone makes an interface for a PDA. Those scopemeters on the site Lefty mentioned are very cool too, but like he said, pricey.
Jeff

new way to check waveforms

Lefty said:
Tons of portable digital scopes are made.......... a little pricy

little pricey:eek: Like wow, man. $1400 to $3300.:)eek: again) I think I'll pass on that.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back