Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is my Hi-Fi done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loafer

Hello all, I'm new here, hopefully this is the right place to post this..

A couple off years ago, my Sony Hi-Fi was in good working order, sitting on top off my unit looking like a champion. But one night I went out, stupidly leaving it turned on, and during the night there was a thunder storm..

The day after I came back, the Hi-Fi was making a shuttering sound every few seconds, and the standby LED was flashing in sync with the shuttering sound.. I dont know what to do to fix it..

Is my Hi-Fi finished or can it be repaired?

Regards

Loafer

please can we have an exact model of your hifi. chances are that it is the power supply in the hifi. have a look at the electrolytic capacitors and look for signs of burning or a bolged top. if there are any get a suitable replacment cap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back