Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lallo_elhandasa

Hey ..well can we use a triac to obtain a full wave rectifier?
note: use any other componants beside the triac

and what are the supurconductors ? give exampls ..

a superconductor is something that conducts electricity EXTREMELY well. as far as i know, it is only accomplishable in laboratories by cooling metals to extremely low temperatures. thats wut ive heard.

EDIT: the temperature @ which some metals reach superconductivity is -273 celcius.

you cannot use a TRIAC for rectification - a triac is basiacally two thyristors in anti-parallel.

You use DIODES and Thyristors (for controlled rectification) for rectification

as teh superconductors - you have worded it such that it is prolly for your homework - is it homework?

superconductors only operate at liquid nitrogen levels atm

You can only fire one of the internal devices per 1/2 cycle leaving you with -ve or +ve 1/2 wave rectification (now if you were allowed to use more than 1 triac .. :D ) so no matter what external components you are allowed to use, the best you can do is to have 1/2 wave rectification with 1 triac.

If anyone wonders why the level on scope is low, the simulator (Spice) retires when I try to make the input or the turns ratio higher, so I had to settle for low voltages. It also get's very unhappy without the input resistor. But it shows the general idea.

Attachments

• triac_391.gif
    triac_391.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 347
Let us know if you were only allowed the 1 triac or what your teacher had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back