Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it ok to use this charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBE meen

Alright so I have a 3ds xl and I take it with all the time but sometimes I can't find an outlet to charge it. So I was thinking, could I get a 3ds charger that draws power with a usb connector and carry a portable usb charger (or battery bank whatever you call it)? The only problem is the power rating. The charger that uses an outlet outputs 4.6 volts at 900mA. I heard that a usb usually outputs 5 volts (I'm not sure how the mA works for this, does it depend on what kind of USB port it is? The portable charger has a 1A port and a 2.1A port) and I'm worried that it might damage the 3ds. Does it matter if the charger ratings are higher than what the device asks for?

I needed to look on Google to see what is a 3ds xl. Are Mario Brothers games in 3D now? I never played with a Nintendo.

The charger circuit in the game console draws only as much current as it needs. USB 1 can provide up to 500mA so it probably draws a little less than 500mA. USB 3 can provide up to 1.5A.
USB 3.1 can provide up to 2A. Look in Google for newer USB numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back