Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it Correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

HI All ,

please look at this schemica and tell is it correct or not ,

thank you

Attachments

• Send.JPG
    Send.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 187
Is it correct?

Hi watzmann,

sorry, but I must say it is NOT!

Nobody can guess what is connected to the collectors of the transistors, nor can anybody guess what is connected to the switch.

One basic rule of drawing a schematic. The dots marking a junction belong only there where there is a junction.

Looks ugly with dots and no junction!

Boncuk

The transistors and associated resistors look OK, depending on the actual inputs and outputs and the values of the resistors.

What is very bad is the on/off switch.
You cannot safely switch this thing on/off by breaking the 0volt connection. You must put switch poles in both the +5v and +12v supply lines.

JimB

Hi watzmann,

I redrew the circuit. That's about the way a clean schematic should look like. An unnecessary bend like the net from C Q12 to X7-1. Taking a close look at the component numbering I think it is pretty much like arabic writing - from right to left.

Schematics are normally read from left to right, which means the part numbers should start at a low number at the left side.

Also, missing numbers, e.g. Q1 and Q6 through Q8 may be confusing, since the reader will look for the numbers. Start from 1 and let Eagle automatically assign numbers.

From the logic the circuit will pull the outputs low when a base voltage is applied.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Boncuk said:
Hi watzmann,

I redrew the circuit. That's about the way a clean schematic should look like. An unnecessary bend like the net from C Q12 to X7-1. Taking a close look at the component numbering I think it is pretty much like arabic writing - from right to left.

Schematics are normally read from left to right, which means the part numbers should start at a low number at the left side.

Also, missing numbers, e.g. Q1 and Q6 through Q8 may be confusing, since the reader will look for the numbers. Start from 1 and let Eagle automatically assign numbers.

From the logic the circuit will pull the outputs low when a base voltage is applied.

Boncuk

Your circuit is identical except for changing it so it complies with current fashion! My assumption was that the OP wanted to know if it was functionally correct, with the information available I think Jim has the correct response. You're reply may just confuse the OP.

Mike.

Pommie said:
Your circuit is identical except for changing it so it complies with current fashion! My assumption was that the OP wanted to know if it was functionally correct, with the information available I think Jim has the correct response. You're reply may just confuse the OP.Mike.

Yes Mike, I know.

I did no changes to the original circuit just because I wanted to point out what makes a schematic easy to read. I think I won't confuse the OP because I also stated the purpose of his circuit, which is alright if it was meant that way. Nobody knows that yet.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back