Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it 1.5V is better than 1.2V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic5

In a circuit, recommended the supply voltage is 1.2V. But the actual supply given is 1.5V with a reason of 300mV additional noise margin. If so, can it improve the performance of the circuit? Whether noise margin is applicable for IOs or supply voltages?

What circuit?

If this is homework it should be in the homework help forum.

Not just because but because it may have some effect on the answer.

It is not a homework and the 1.5V is FPGA core supply.

I'm no authority on this but if the logic levels within the core are ratiometric (i.e. ~proportional to the supply voltage) I would expect IO noise margin to be slightly improved. However, running ICs 25% above the recommended supply voltage may (depending on the spec) shorten the ICs' life.

Some IC's run on 5Volt dc , and eprom can't be run at more than 5 volts zo 4X 1v2 batt. is better ( 4v8 ) than 4X 1v5 ( 6v )
Most circuits have there own stab. to prevent that there is to mutch volt over a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back