Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is gEDA good for making circuit schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syslinux

i want to know if gEDA is any good for basic circuit schematics because i'm sort of debian LINUX bound for two reasons 1: i dont own any windows keys and 2: windows won't install on my hardware and i can't figure out why. so is gEDA good and if not can you point me to one that is?

i don't know but KiCad is pretty good and runs on linux too

Screenshot from 2013-08-02 11:17:37.png

I am use gEDA + NGSPICE since 2008. To make it easy, I also use it: **broken link removed**

Here, one of example schematic projects that recently I done with use gEDA & ngspice:

Screenshot from 2013-08-02 11:17:37.png

How it can work with ngspice, i.e with sub-circuit model just like LM324? Of course, the spice model directives or sub-circuit model directives must be defined within the schematic just like this:

Screenshot from 2013-08-05 11:16:25.png

Also, use gschem-finalizer to integrate gEDA suites (gschem (schematic-capture), gnetlist (gEDA netlister), & ngspice):

Screenshot from 2013-08-05 11:19:58.png

Gschem-finalizer (**broken link removed**) is usefull to compile a schematic project (use with gEDA, ngspice, & PCB-GTK/LESSTIF), i.e: generating SPICE3F5 Netlist (with spice-sdb & vams backend for gnetlist), generating gEDA PCB netlist, & also generating KiCAD PCBnew Netlist -- from gEDA gschem schematic files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back