Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is FM modulation possible using 566IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishwanth87

Is FM modulation possible using 566IC?

I wanted to know whether it is possible to modulate FM using 566 IC.. ? If its possible, can you people guide me how it can be done?..

If its possible, Can I get a link for a sample circuit?.. Your help will do good lots for me as I'm doing this as a college project where i'm supposed to use 566IC.

Waiting for your replies,eagerly..
Thanks.. :)

Yes it is possible to generate the FM signal with LM566.... The LM566C can be used to generate FM signals upto 1MHz range..

U have to pass the modulation signal through pin number 5 (if am right)... I believe that all information u need would be given in the datasheet of LM566 which i have attached below....

I feel that the timing resistor and capacitor pins (pins 6 and 7) decide the center frequency which can be determined using the equation given in page2 of datasheet...

once u get the FM signal, u can probably attenuate it, remove noises (LP filter) and then transmit it....

Attachments

• datasheet.pdf
    243 KB · Views: 754
raviram87 said:
Yes it is possible to generate the FM signal with LM566.... The LM566C can be used to generate FM signals upto 1MHz range..

U have to pass the modulation signal through pin number 5 (if am right)... I believe that all information u need would be given in the datasheet of LM566 which i have attached below....

I feel that the timing resistor and capacitor pins (pins 6 and 7) decide the center frequency which can be determined using the equation given in page2 of datasheet...

once u get the FM signal, u can probably attenuate it, remove noises (LP filter) and then transmit it....

Thanks for the reply.. I'm just a beginner now.. :( This is gonna be my first project and I've no idea.. From the data sheet i went thru i understood that the pin 5 can be used for the modulation input (which you already told me).. the timing resistor and the capacitor needs a value to determine the frequency.. and i'm doubtful about it...
If you can help me with the designing of circuit.. I'll be really happy and thankful.. :) ... please.. its just a favor.. :eek:

The NE566 can go even higher than 1MHz, if you use a harmonic filter but this will only work up to 10MHz at the most.

The NE566 is not good as an FM radio transmitter which would require at least 88MHz and is much easier to achieve with a discrete design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back