Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is anyone have pic 16f84 programmer circuit from USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxema

I need usb pic programmer .ı don t want to use power supply in this circuit .the circuit will take its power from USB
please help me

toxema said:
I need usb pic programmer .ı don t want to use power supply in this circuit .the circuit will take its power from USB
please help me

The MicroChip PICKit1 programmer is cheap and only uses power from the USB port - but it only programmes a limited selection of FLASH chips, not the obselete EEPROM 16F84. If you really only want to use the USB port, and no external power, I suggest you move to current devices.

the usb port uses 5V and has enough current to power any programmer circuit..
hope this helps...

williB said:
the usb port uses 5V and has enough current to power any programmer circuit..
hope this helps...

Except most PIC's require 13V to switch them to programming mode?. The PICKit1 uses the PWM module, and the A2D module, in the 16C745 to create a regulated switchmode PSU, giving a stabilised 13V supply to set programming mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back