Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is -3 volt harmful for TTL gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhtavallaie

Hello my dear freinds

I am connecting the output of LM741 to a TTL gate.

This output varies from -3volt to +5volt

the question is whether this -3 volt harmful for the TTL gate?

if yes how can I change it to 0volt?

rgds
hadi

Some TTL gate have antiparallel diode, other not. Connect 1N4148 diode cathode to TTL input, anode to GND and add a serial 560 ohm resistor from 741 output. Anyway +3V not a correct TTL high level, for best results use schmitt-trigger input gate....

Sebi said:
Anyway +3V not a correct TTL high level, for best results use schmitt-trigger input gate....
Hi Sebi,
The lowest voltage that TTL allows as a high level is +2.4V. Besides, Mh says that he gets +5V anyway.

I agree with you that a Schmitt-trigger should be used because the old 741 is so slow and noisy that a regular TTL gate might output many pulses for each output transition of the 741.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back