Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

irf510+ne555 timer flyback driver audio modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked in Google for Plasma Tweeter Circuit and found it. Simple Plasma Tweeter
Its TV flyback transformer is made for only a single frequency so it wll not have a flat frequency response with audio.

Here is the very simple schematic. C2 is a whopping 470uf but does not need to have such a high value. Its polarity is shown backwards.
Two power supply bypass capacitors are missing.

The text says the audio modulates the frequency which is completely wrong. The datasheet for the 555 IC shows that it produces pulse-width-modulation that varies the average output voltage and therefore the power of the plasma arc.
So when the music gets louder then the arc also gets louder. The frequency is the high frequencies of the music.

Attachments

• plasma tweeter circuit.PNG
    plasma tweeter circuit.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 13,764
thank you i will try that. i did try adding the audio but it didn't work i didn't no if i was doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back