Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IrDA Device Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hi All,

I have posted a topic within the parts request forum, but I haven't been able to find anything solid. After talking with Sebi, I have been looking for either a 'HSDL 1001' or a 'TFDS 4500' IrDA transceiver.

But not such luck. All the ones I can find are in Germany/US, and I have no way of getting it to Australia.

I have decided that I might be able to build the HSDL or the TFDS, but I would need schematics for the TFDS.

Another thing is that I don't really understand what to put where on the HSDL, found here: **broken link removed**

So if anyone knows where abouts I can find this in Australia, I would very much like to hear from you, or if you can explain how to build the HSDL.

Thanks in advance, :)

Hey,

Im very interested in this stuff as well so any info you've turned up would be great. :D

However, the only stuff ive been able to find is this:

**broken link removed**

Its a PC Infrared Transceiver Kit which is $27. I was thinking of just getting it, but i wanted to try and do it all myself too.

Anyway, Cheers and goodluck.

well I'll have a look at this jaycar one, but I found something in the dick smith mag, item Z 1955 Infrared Receiver Device. But I don't know how to get the output :(

Oh well, I guess I'd better find out about this jaycar one.

Thanks for your help,

Well the jaycar one looks OK, but I'd like to find out what components are on it. does anyone know what that dick smith component does?

Thanks in advance, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back