Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2104 for DC motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

gehan_s

Hi every one !!!!!!!!!

I want to use the IR2104 as a MOSFET gate driver for H bridge that controls a DC motor. However I want to do so using one PWM input and a GPIO pin of my PIC microcontroller. I went through the datasheet and came up with the below circuit. Can someone please look into it and tell me whether it will work or not (before I bread board it and burn my MOSFETs and drivers)?

Regards

Attachments

• HB.PDF
    34.1 KB · Views: 445
The problem with using it is that if you want the bridge to be on 100% for a long period of time the booststrap capacitor will discharge so the top fet won't stay on. You need one with a charge pump like the HIP4060 for it to work at DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back