Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shico90

Hello
again with this topic, excuse me with these questions
now the IR receiver is working and i tested it with the tv remote and it works fine
and i made a transmitter circuit using one led to generate a frequency with 38 KHZ and i can see with my eye that the receiver is getting the signal, because the visible led in the receiver circuit is blinking at that frequency
the problem is the voltage generated at the receiver is very small and it is like 0.1 \v or something that i can see it by voltmeter or with a led and see the very small change in the led brightness that is opposite when i use the tv remote it actually generate 5 V or something and it is very clear
so now i need to improve the transmitter circuit because i want to use the logic one with a micro-controller
if anyone could help
thank you

Hi shico90,

what kind of LED are you using for transmitter?

What receiver circuit are you using? (e.g. TSOP17xx series?)

Vishay offers UV-LEDs with >100mW/sr.

Boncuk

Hi shico90,

what kind of LED are you using for transmitter?

What receiver circuit are you using? (e.g. TSOP17xx series?)

Vishay offers UV-LEDs with >100mW/sr.

Boncuk
actually i don't know what is the receiver or the transmitter type. no names or anything are written on it

You can make a gated oscillator circuit using two NE555 (or one NE556).

Have the first one oscillate at 833.3Hz (timing 600µs) at 50% duty cycle, controlling the second one oscillating at 38KHz.

Use the output of the first one to control the RESET input of the second one.

Something like this:

The duty cycle of the circuit is 51.4%, but it should work with any IR-receiver between 36 and 40KHz.

Attachments

• GATED-OSCILLATOR-SCH.gif
    GATED-OSCILLATOR-SCH.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 243
  • GATED-OSCILLATOR-BRD.gif
    GATED-OSCILLATOR-BRD.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 184
You can make a gated oscillator circuit using two NE555 (or one NE556).

Have the first one oscillate at 833.3Hz (timing 600µs) at 50% duty cycle, controlling the second one oscillating at 38KHz.

Use the output of the first one to control the RESET input of the second one.

Something like this:

The duty cycle of the circuit is 51.4%, but it should work with any IR-receiver between 36 and 40KHz.

thank you very much
does this bursts thing increase ir range?

Yes, otherwise the receiver thinks the continuous signal is interference and drops the gain to try to filter it out. Might want to check a data sheet for any receiver. They have a few tricks.

In addition to ronv's post:

Using e.g. an LD274 it has 50mW/sr, while the TSAL6100 has 130mW/sr (max. 400mW/sr) which should increase range considerably.

Using two TSAL6100 the range should be 10 to 15m.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back