Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR transmition help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariakovo

I try to make a IR transmition and i have some problems with this.The components i use are : a IR led from Vishay(TSAL6100) , a IR receiver module from Vishay again (TSOP2233) , a transistor SI2302DS(Vishay) and a crystal module SG3030JF(RoHS compliant).The receiver has a bandpass filter tha allow to pass only 33kHz.The crystal module has o duty cycle 55% and 32.768KH.For the ir module i have nothing to do but only to connect it to 5VDC.For the ir led make the following connection.

5VDC -- LED -- RESSISTOR -- TRANSISTOR -- GND
................................................|
..........................................RESISTOR
.....................................CRYSTAL MIDULE

So i 33kHz.The problem is that i cannot achive the transmition distance that datashhet and application notes said.With datasheet specs i must achive a distance in 12meter and i achive only 1,5 meters.What i am doing wrong?The forward current is 50mA to 100mA and i have a capable power supply that provides me with this power.The transostor is a power MOS transistor for these applicatons and the resistior that drives the current is a power resistor in the case of heating.The crystal module is properly connected and i see the correct frequency in the oscilloscope.

The above datasheets and other pdfs you have the part numbers.

Thanks in advance

The Vishay IR receiver ICs have automatic-gain-control that reduces the gain if a continuously modulated IR beam is detected. The datasheet explains that compact fluorescent light bulbs produce continuous modulated IR at about 33kHz.
Your IR signal is continuously modulated and the IR receiver thinks it is interference and reduces its gain to try to reduce the interference.

The IR receiver is designed for remote controls that use data.
The datasheet explains that 33kHz carrier must be in bursts of 10 cycles to 70 cycles then a gap time of at least 14 cycles. For each burst longer than 1.8ms then a gap time 4 times longer should be used.
The datasheet lists 6 suitable remote control data formats that work.

Thanks uncle Scrooge.I was trying to find out for days.Maybe i have to use phototransistor for the detection because in at the begining i only want to detect only the transmition beem.So no frequency and a photoransistor.Thank you a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back