Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR to RF circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

systempsycho

I am building an IR to RF circuit. I am finishing up the transmitter and now I am going to start on the receiver portion of it.

From what I have found. Many people have used PIC to take the signal from the receiver and modulate it back up to 40 kHz or whatever it needs to be.

Well I don't know a lot about programming PIC, I know they aren't terrible. But I don't have the kit to program them and this is for my senior design. I was wanting to know if anyone out there could think of another way of taking a square wave signal that has..from what the oscilloscope showed...a 90 Hz square wave at 300mV and modulate it back to a 40kHz wave so I can send it to an IR emitter.

I have time to finish this project, but I am just kind of stuck on what would be the best approach to doing this. Much thanks to everyone.

Just use a 555 astable, and gate it with the signal - or any other oscillator - but the 555 has the advantage it can drive the LED directly.

What's your 300mV signal?, it sounds a bit bizarre - you need to explain further.

well the 300mV signal is the signal coming out of my IR detector. When I shoot my remote control at the IR detector the detector will take the signal and demodulate it to this 300mV signal at 90 Hz. Remind you this is what the oscilloscope says it was.
What I am going to do is take this signal and send it to my 418 MHz transmitter and transmit it. Then the receiver will pick it up and demodulate it back to this 90 Hz wave. All I need to do is take the signal and basically bring it back to 40kHz so I can send it to my IR emitter to send it to my cable box, tv, whatever I choose to hook it up to. It is for my senior design.

But I am thinking that the actual frequency of my signal coming out of the ir detector is not 90 but from what I have read around 500 to 1000 Hz.

Assuming you're talking about an IR receiver IC, then they output logic levels, not just 300mV.

Haven't you tried google?, there are loads of such schems on the net, here are a couple of examples.

IR Repeater

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back