Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squintz

I need an IR Repeater and I have two options. I can buy IR-100 from Buffalo Electronics which allows me to connect as many Phototransistors and LEDs as I want. The problem with the is that I need help picking out the Parts.

Here is a link to the IR-100. **broken link removed**

The reason I dont want to use their parts is because they are priced at $26 for a simple IR Detector. And about $4 - 8 for an IR LED

---------------------------
My second option is to built the entire circuit from scratch and not use any prefabed equipment. I am not a Engineer so I am not capable of doing this without a schematic and parts list to look from. It sounds fairly simple. What goes in must come out so it seems like I would power a Phototransistor up and use it to feed an IR LED. I wouldnt have a clue how to bias the transistors tho.
----------
So with those Options in mind I am asking you guys for help. Here is what I am trying to occomplish. I have a device called the usb-uirt from www.usbuirt.com which Receives and Emits IR signals via my computers USB connection.

THe problem is the USB-Uirt is in the basement and the devices I want to use are in remote rooms. So I need to be able to send a signal from my bedroom to my basement and have my basement send a signal back to my bedroom. I know there are options out there like the Pyrmid but I would rather run wires then do thing via RF.

1) With option one where I use the Buffalo what Detectors and Receivers could I buy from my local electronics store to ocomplish what i want to do?

2) Can someone supply me with a schematic to build my own circuit.

Option 1 is my prefered method I just need help chosing the components.

Here is an e-mail i got when I inquired about the specs for parts.

Our IR-100 is receptive to frequencies from 30 to 130 KHZ.

The IR-100 outputs (the 4 flasher jacks) the power supply voltage level (voltage regulated to a maximum of 12VDC) current limited to 20mA. The input pulse (SIG on terminal block) needs to be about 2-3V to "trigger" the transister causing an output event. The IR-100 is a digital device only passing 0's and 1's where 1's are equal to the power supply voltage level and 0's are at ground potential.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back