Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithkumar

Hi, I am new member to this forum.

I have assembled a IR Remote switch for my cealing Fan.
I bought VEGA KIT VK558 IR remote switch receiver, which consist of IC555 & IC4027. This circuit is working well with any TV or DVD palyer remote.
i used Simple 12V DC Adopter for power supply.
The problem is when i test the circuit, if we switch ON any house-hold electrical applience like Flouracent tube, Fridge,CFL - this circuit gets trigred automatically,, how can i sort this problem pls any one help me.
Herewith attached circuit for your ref.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• Infrared Remote control 558.pdf
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,318
hi,
It sounds like mains bourne interference is getting onto the power rails on the circuit, I would try adding extra decoupling capacitors between +V and 0V on the pcb,,, near the incoming power pins.
Values of caps in the order of 220uF and 2 or 3, 100nF caps should solve the problem.:)

Last edited:
I had bought the same kit sometime back but lost the relay so plz some one send me the relay circuit and its component list.

It is a little hard to read the schematic and no part number is given for "IFR" (tvsensor). The output from that sensor goes to the trigger of the 555. It is possible that IFR does not have noise cancelling circuitry like many of the Vishay and other brands of modern IR sensors we often use. The CD4027 may offer some logic, but that receiver is clearly not operated by a code. Thus, the interference you see is likely just due to stray, pulsating infrared from all of the fluorescent lights.

One way around that is to use an infrared receiver that can discriminate various codes, such as the one in a TV.

John

I've had problems with tssop type infra red rx modules, turned out to be the power supply, connecting a 150 ohm resistor in series with the + supply and placing a 470uF/25v cap across the power pins of the rx module sorted it.
A while after this I was salvaging an infra red module from a dead tv and found this is how the module was connected up in the tv.

I had bought the same kit sometime back but lost the relay so plz some one send me the relay circuit and its component list.

It's a standard 12 Voly coil relay. A Google of 12V-1C/O will bring up a dozen hits on it.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back