Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR remote controll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila hermeci

I am back whith another post .My first post didnt get any reply but i hope that with this problem there is somebody who can help me .I need to decode a remote controll.I connected my IR receiver to an osciloscope and pushed a buton from the remote control .On the screen i got a signal with 32 bits .I have to figure out the packages from that signal, after that i remove the address bits because i only need command package .That's the theory practicaly i have no idea how should i do this .I could use any tipe of remote control but with sony or philips it would be easier for me to define the commands for the microcontroller .I need a hint about the port i should use because hcs12x only supports logical '1' and '0' on many of it's ports.So if anybody knows something about the sofware or any other idea for this problem please reply.

For Sony remotes check my PIC tutorials, there are also plenty of sites who explain the Philips RC5 remote system as well.

You only need a digital port as it's a digital signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back