Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Hi,

I am looking to make a very basic remote controlled robot. I am looking for a few pointers on how to get started on the IR remote.

Basically I need a system whereby there is a chip in the receiver and the transmitter and it has some corresponding pins (when the pin goes high in the transmitter, that corresponding pin goes high in the receiver). I am not looking for actual circuits - just a few pointers in terms of a general system or maybe some part numbers.

Sorry if this is a very beginner question.

Hi,

Thanks. I had a look around your site and couldn't find anything similar to what I suggested... could you supply a link to the article please?

Thanks,

You need an Emitter and a IR Decoder

You will need two Micro controllers one to use as TX and the other one as RX the on that will be on the Actual Robot. The first Microchip you'll have whatever the inputs are and you will need an output for the Emitter, and by the way you will need Programming Experience, Best way to start is PIC BASIC or Micro Code Studio, Google it.

Input 1------' Pic 16F84A '----------(Output)Emitter
Input 2------'
Input 3------'

that's for the TX and you will have to learn how to program microchip just Google everything.

The RX

input
---IR Decoder--'Pic 16F84A '-----output

you can have more than one Output

I hope these information were helpful...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back