Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote control over cable and infrared.PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikerezan

Hi!I need help with problem I have.I would apriciate every your help you can give me.
This is problem:
I have satelite receiver in one room,and tv in room on other side of my house.I was wondering can I control receiver from room where is tv with satelite receiver's remote control and how.What do you guys think?
I am searching on the internet all kinds of stuff that has to do with infrared receiver and transmitter.Because I think I can solve this problem with infrared receiver,cable and infrared transmiter.My idea is this:I want to put infrared transmitter in room where is satelite receiver and infrared receiver in room where is tv and with cable I want to connect those two.But I don't know this, if I point remote control on infrared receiver,in room with the tv,will infrared receiver going to transmitt signal throu the cable and with infrared transmitter,in room with the satelite receiver,again send it over air to the satelite receiver's infrared receiver and control it?
I was thinking to try with TSOP1736 infrared receiver and TSAL6200 infrared transmitter.
What do you think about my idea?What is good(if it has anything good)?And what is bad?If I can't connect it like I explained upper,how can I connect it?And with what?
Satelite receiver is Echolite CDVB5668
THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVEN IF YOU HAVE JUST READ IT!

Why not just buy one?, they are freely available for that exact purpose. UK BSkyB satellite receivers even have it built in them! - it sends the remote control signal back down the coaxial cable from the receiver.

There are RF IR repeaters availiable, $30 USD range if I remember.

Nigel, how'd you know he's from UK? I googled the reciever model and got foriegn language hits, russian I think...

HarveyH42 said:
There are RF IR repeaters availiable, $30 USD range if I remember.

Nigel, how'd you know he's from UK? I googled the reciever model and got foriegn language hits, russian I think...

I don't know he's from the UK?, I was just giving an example of how some satellite receivers are designed with this in mind.

As a matter of fact his IP is from Belgrade, Serbia.

I am from Belgrade,Serbia:)
Thank you for your help.I was looking something like that RF transmitter but in Serbia we don't have place where we can buy so "high tech" gadgets.So,i will contact that site and ask will they send all the way to Serbia,and if not I have to bother you again for help:)

I've just seen email from that site in US,and they told me that they don't ship things outside of US:(
Can you help me to build my original idea of IR over cable?How and with what?
Or else,you,Nigel Goodwin,are from England.Does there have something like that RF transmitter?I am willing to pay you if you want to do me i favour,to buy RF transmitter in England and send it to Serbia?Don't think that I am someone who knows who,some bad guy.I can try to build it if you would help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back