Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote Control HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

potpotpotpot

anyone who can help me in IR remote control? Actually i already have this program in pic16f877. The transmitter generates PWM at 38khz... then it sends serial data... the PWM and serial data ang NAND-ed to generate the modulated signal... Now in the receiver part. I have this 1USR160 or something like that (it's a sharp IR decoder). now, it's output is used as an input in the serial pin of the receiver microcontroller... That's what my program does. Unfortunately, it didn't work. anyone?

potpotpotpot said:
anyone who can help me in IR remote control? Actually i already have this program in pic16f877. The transmitter generates PWM at 38khz... then it sends serial data... the PWM and serial data ang NAND-ed to generate the modulated signal... Now in the receiver part. I have this 1USR160 or something like that (it's a sharp IR decoder). now, it's output is used as an input in the serial pin of the receiver microcontroller... That's what my program does. Unfortunately, it didn't work. anyone?

You can't send standard serial over an IR (or an RF) link, it needs to be coded in some way. Check my IR and RF tutorials.

Nigel Goodwin said:
potpotpotpot said:

You can't send standard serial over an IR (or an RF) link, it needs to be coded in some way. Check my IR and RF tutorials.

"bandwidth exceeded" -> your site. So, am I doing the correct thing??? i mean the concept? I just have to place some code on the data?

potpotpotpot said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
potpotpotpot said:

"bandwidth exceeded" -> your site. So, am I doing the correct thing??? i mean the concept? I just have to place some code on the data?

Sorry, it should be back up Saturday (when it's the new month). I was going to increase the monthly bandwidth limit from 6Gb to 8Gb, but then I found out my current host is packing up anyway - and won't be renewing any existing sites as they become due. I'm currently in the process of sorting out a new host, I've already moved one of my other sites to a new host to see how good it is. If I'm happy with the performance I'll be moving all my domains there.

In the mean time, try **broken link removed** which currently is a mirror of WinPicProg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back