Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

this is an IR receiver circuit that filters the 40khz?

what if my IR detectors are only 2 pin, could I still use a circuit similar to this?

Yes, the module you linked to is an IR detector circuit designed to receive IR data (pulses) modulated on a 40 KHz carrier. It demodulates the carrier and outputs the data pulses. Thus filters out the carrier frequency.

Yes, you would just build a circuit to demodulate the carrier.

Ron

Last edited:
would this one work? (the diode is my photo-diode-sensor-QSE113)
should I reverse my photo-diode and R1?
what do I value my capacitors for the 40khz carrier?

thnx!

EDIT : ATTACHMENT FOR last post!!!!

Attachments

• IRRX.jpg
    IRRX.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 151
A photo-diode has an extremely low output level. An IR detector IC has a high gain amplifier inside plus a lot of things to prevent interference from compact fluorescent light bulbs and sunlight.

Your photo-diode is forward-biased so it is turned on all the time and will not detect IR nor light.
It should be reverse-biased so that IR or light causes it to conduct a little. It can also be used with no bias like a tiny extremely low output solar cell.

yes, thank-you, I realize, i am stuck with these diodes for now, but my main concern is the values for the capacitors to filter properly, what sizes should i use....and my resistor too???

the series cap is my high pass, and the parallel cap is my low pass,no? they will help reduce the noise i am hoping?

The capacitors reduce noise almost as much as they reduce your signal.

Perhaps you could elaborate more on what you are trying to do. It looks like you're trying to replace the GP1U5x with a QSE113. The GP1U5x receives the IR signal, conditions and demodulates the 40kHz signal. The QSE113 only receives the IR signal (you have to take care of the conditioning and demodulation - if this concerns you).

yes presactly, i need to take care of demodulation, i got stuck with the photodiodes, my best guess to do this was to add a series capacitor to filter the DC(and only accept the 40khz), then amplify it with an op-amp,

that was my basic idea of how to do it, however if there is better way(simple) i would love to know....

Spend ~$1, and buy an IR receiver, like the GP1U5x

:( okok .....i ll get one,, but do you guys think you could point me to a digi-key equivalent,,, I am scared of buying one that will do something strange, like encode my data the way an IRDA would (where 1's are longer pulses,or something)

(i just need simple detector)

The receivers don't decode, just detect. Within some timing limits, you recover whatever 1-0 pulse train you put in to the transmitter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back