Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

baberjaved

I want to make an IR Signals receiver using PIC Microcontroller.. I can capture the signals using an Infrared receiver led but the demodulation part has be to done by some kind of IC or chip... Is there any way around this? Can i just hook up the IR led to a port (or maybe attach some extra RC circuit to it) and read the IR signals from a remote?

baberjaved said:
Can i just hook up the IR led to a port (or maybe attach some extra RC circuit to it) and read the IR signals from a remote?
Cannot. A IR LED is LED :D. You need a current limiting resistor. But many IR LED can handle more than a PIC can source, so you might need a BJT to drive the LED.
Check Nigel's tutorial.
http://winpicprog.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back