Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Receiver.... Range Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

I bought IR receiver(IC) from local market..

There is no Number on it.. Shopkeeper tell me It's Pin configuration
PIN 1 for Data
PIN 2 for Ground
PIN 3 for +Vcc

I make the circuit according to the diagram(below)

But the it's range is not more than 6 inches...

When i press my sony's TV remote infront of receiver LED blink... But it not blink when the distance b/w Remote and receiver became more than 6 Inches. What the problem can be??

How can i test that he tell me the right configuration of the PINs..

Thanks...

Attachments

• IR RECEIVER.GIF
    IR RECEIVER.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 200
Check the circuit for my IR PIC tutorial hardware, you've left out the decoupling components to the receiver, they are ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL!.

BTW, your circuit is designed so the LED is ON all the time, and goes OFF in time with the IR pulses - the output of the IR receivers is active low.

I add a 47ohm resistor and a 100uF capacitor as in ur Infrared board...(not 47uF capacitor cuz it is not available at this time)

But range not improved.....

Don't buy junk "from local market".
Don't listen to what a shopkeeper says.

Get an IR receiver IC from a proper electronic parts distributor that is made by a well known IC manufacturer AND GET ITS DATASHEET!

I think you connected its pins backwards and it might be blown up.

Maybe your Sony remote is modulated at a much different frequency. You don't know what frequency your piece of junk is supposed to receive.
Here is Vishay's IR receiver details from their datasheet:

Attachments

• IR receiver.PNG
    IR receiver.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back