Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Receiver Output Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepulsiveStyler

Hi,
I am using an IR Receiver TSOP type and since its output is directly compatible with MCU. I am feeding the output of TSOP with pull up resistor 10K to RA4/T0CKI pin of PIC18F452.

I have tested the input pin of pic with another square wave which is able to trigger the schmit trigger but unfortunately IR Receiver output is not able to trigger the schmitt trigger of the MCU.

I am using HX1838 which detects 38 Khz frequency for which 555 is used. Its an active low output device. After I have made connection to the MCU, the idle output voltage is 1.63 V.

Is there any technique which i can employ and be able to detect output pulses from IR Receiver?

Reply will be greatly appreciated.

try reducing the value of the pull up resistor. that may trigger the schmitt trigger. try a value like 1k or so or lower than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back