Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Proximity sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorPS

IR Proximity sensor
When using IR method to detect human pass by,TX/RX put side by side,
reflection type without using reflector, what is the max practical range I
can get? Right now I can only get 1 meter, can the range be increase without using reflector?
My target is at least 2meter. Can it be done?

It's NOT a good method, IR reflection is highly dependent on the object doing the reflecting - if you're getting reliable 1m range from normally dressed people I would suspect that's probably good going?.

Dress the people in shiny foil, and you should make 5 or 6m.

It's more common to use ultrasonics for this, and doppler shift changes, or (better still) is microwave radar - which is what you usually find on automatic shop doors.

you're vewry very well to get 1metre after that distance most go to the polariod sonar which will work out to around 4 metres.

A cheap PIR detector from RadioShack picked up normally dressed people over a wide area at a distance of 12m easily. It detects movement from their heat and doesn't radiate IR itself.
Cheap motion detectors for outdoors houselights also have a pretty good range.

Victor can u give me the ckt of this proximit IR sensor as I am not getting the desirable range plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back