IR presence to logic "1" (TTL)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupeR-NovA

hi, i'm building a PIC project and i need an input to go "high" when IR light is detected, this is a very low-space project, so the fewer components, the better.... any suggestions?

thanks

SupeR-NovA said:
hi, i'm building a PIC project and i need an input to go "high" when IR light is detected, this is a very low-space project, so the fewer components, the better.... any suggestions?

thanks

It depends very much what you are trying to do, have a look at my PIC tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk for how to do it for remote control. The three pin receiver IC I use makes it very simple, but it only detects 38KHz modulated IR signals (which you should use for noise immunity).

this input is supposed to detect a single pulse of IR light. when detected it goes to an input. in the software this pulse increases a counter... i don't need any frequensy IR reciever, just a simple photo-diode/transistor that ties the input of the cpu to 5v when there is IR present... i'm asking this becouse i don't have any idea on how those IR-diodes/transistors work and how to connect them.... so if anyone can suggest the simmplest solution to do so, i will be very gratefull, thanks.

Just connect a phototransistor to PIC input...

Attachments

• IRin.GIF
    1.1 KB · Views: 382
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…